Tuesday, November 16, 2010

He Put a Ring on It

[My beautiful wedding ring]

I finally decided that I wanted to get my engagement ring and wedding band put together. This decision was long in the making. Ultimately I wanted it done, I just didn't want to have to give up wearing my rings while it was being done. I finally decided I was just going to do it.

I walked into the jewelery store, told the lady what I wanted, and handed over my rings. She put them on her finger for safe keeping while we finished up the paperwork. I couldn't stop looking at her hand while we finished things up.

There is a connection with those rings, I never take them off. I will sleep, shower, cook, even paint with them still on. More than once I have had to pick paint off. This might sound crazy to some of you who don't mind removing your wedding rings, and don't get me wrong, I totally feel like this is a personal decision. It is not the same for everyone. The love of my life too the time, thought, effort, energy, and love to pick out my engagement ring. He did that for ME! There is something so special about that. We picked out my wedding band together, but he knew what he wanted and showed me which ones I could choose from. And you know what, he knew what I liked and wanted and so it was not that hard to decide. It was perfect!

I have been wearing a different ring on my finger so that people will still know I am married, but I don't like it. I can't wait until I can put the ring back on my finger that my very own husband chose for me. The one he selected for me. I know there is nothing magical about those rings. They are just pieces of metal with some stones in them, shaped in a circle. But it is what those rings represent that means so much to me. They represent commitment. Love. Honesty. Teamwork. Respect. Blessings. They represent the fact that I am a wife. That I have a husband. They represent that God has given me a life and a path that He wants me to live for Him. I may not always be the best wife, but those rings are a reminder of the wife I want to be. I need to be.

So now I wait. I wait for my phone to ring and the person on the other end to tell me that I can come pick up my rings. They are waiting for me. And even if I never see those rings again, I still know what they represent and who I need to be.

- thoughts of Anna B.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers